Sunday, February 3, 2008

Simala


Feb. 2, 2008: My husband and I, together with our 2 househelps visited the Miraculous Virgin Mary in Sibonga. After 2-3 hours travel by car, and a 15-minute travel from the highway to the church, we finally reached our destination. After a quick lunch, we proceeded to go inside the compound. We could see lots of devotees inside the church which was situated in a hill. We were instructed to remove our shoes as we were approaching the altar where Mama Mary was placed. The area is considered holy ground. The long wait was worth it. After saying a prayer, I was enveloped by a sweet fragrance that had a calming effect on me. We read the numerous thank-you letters to Mama Mary and hoped that someday I too would receive the wish I asked from her. Heading back to Cebu City, I made a silent prayer of thanks to my dear Mama Mary.












No comments: